Tradition Incense Booklet
Sometimes, small things are the most treasured things. And we think these incense booklets are ideal for placing into envelopes, along with your handwritten note. (Or keep it for yourself, jan. You deserve one too.)
Each incense booklet comes in a stamped pink QAMI JAN mini envelope.
The ancient room deodorizer, Papier d'Armenie® (Paper of Armenia), has been trusted for more than one hundred years to quickly and naturally purify the air with a warm, familiar ambiance.
Papier d'Arménie was born in Paris in 1885 from the experiments of a chemist and a scientist. Their idea came from a journey to Armenia, the highlands where the indigenous Armenian communities used benzoin resin – derived from the bark of trees and now the major ingredient in these incense papers – to purify the air in their homes.
This booklet of scented incense papers contains 36 strips of Papier d'Armenie's Tradition fragrance.
We instantly recognized this Tradition fragrance as the smell of "kyoung" (a traditional Armenian incense with frankincense and other aromas), with hints of amber and vanilla to lighten the olfactory experience. We light the Tradition paper when praying, reading Grigor Lusavorich's Book of Lamentations, meditating, painting, and for the more practical events in our lives, such as clearing the air in the kitchen after chopping onions, to receive guests.
Tips on how to use
- Burn one strip at a time, 3 to 4 times a week
- Fold the strip accordion-style, light an end, place the strip on a burn-safe surface (such as a ceramic dish or incense holder) and gently blow out the flame, allowing the paper to burn slowly, releasing its scent
- Never leave a burning strip unattended
- Do not leave the product within reach of children
- Papier d'Arménie can also be used without burning. Tear off entire sheets and tuck them into note cards, books, dressers, and drawers, allowing these sheets to impart your objects with a subtle, delicate scent